Tacos By the Bay: Lago Tacos Packs a Punch

Located in the bustling town of Excelsior, Minnesota, Lago Tacos adds a flare to Mexican food with their intriguing menu and wide variety of foods. While Lago Tacos’ establishment may be small their food is overflowing with flavor and color.

I visited Lago Tacos, a family favorite, on a Thursday and we started our meal off with the chips and dips and fried avocados. Both appetizers came speedily and were full of flavor. Then I ordered the three sesame chicken tacos with a sweet corn cake on the side, a must! Again our meals arrived quickly despite the busy restaurant and there were no mistakes. The food was fresh, delicious, and visually pleasing.

Overall the service was great; the host was welcoming and our server was very attentive with drink refills, ordering, and our check at the end of the meal. The bill did run a bit on the higher side, but for a family of four we will certainly be returning.

The restaurant is family friendly and very casual with music, sports, and a kids menu. Additionally, they have a bar for those who want something else. When the Minnesota weather starts to warm up their outdoor seating opens along Water Street for a comfortable dining experience and some people watching!

According to the Lago Tacos website the Excelsior location is open Sunday-Thursday 11am – 9pm and Friday-Saturday 11am – 10pm. From this great experience and many more, Lago Tacos in Excelsior has become one of our go-to lunch or dinner spots, and I rate it 5/5 stars.