“The Play That Goes Wrong” to go Wonderfully Awry at OHS

Joseph Mariani
Poster was drawn by Grant Hemenway.

A murderer is once again stalking the halls of Orono High School, and nobody’s plans, not even the detective’s, will go right. This spring, Orono High School Theater is putting on The Play That Goes Wrong by Henry Shields, Jonathan Sayer, and Henry Lewis.

“[It is] a classic murder mystery scenario happening at a countryside mansion. But instead of professional actors, it’s a group of not-so-great performers… Everything that can go wrong does, leading to a lot of funny situations. Will they manage to figure out who the murderer is? Well, you’ll just have to watch to find out!” Senior Lily Quale said.

While the play does implement a lot of murder mystery themes, it is mostly a comedic play that is meant to liven up the school before the end of the curricular year.

“It is a hilarious play and it will be an unforgettable night for the audience,” Grant Hemenway, who plays Robert playing the character of Thomas Colleymore, said.

It is also important to note that almost the entirety of the principal cast are seniors and this will be their last performance at Orono High School, which only adds to the play’s significance.

“I felt like it was a great experience; emotional, like the end of an era,” Hemenway said.

If you would like to learn more about the play and its cast, check out The Spartan Speaks’ interview with the graduating seniors here.

Performance Dates
Thursday, April 18th at 7 p.m.
Friday, April 19th at 7pm
Saturday, April 20th at 2 and 7 p.m.