Spring Break Coming Around the Corner Leaves Seniors Excitedly Waiting

Picture+of+one+of+the+pools+at+the+resort+
From the resort
Picture of one of the pools at the resort

Orono senior class of 2024 is doing their traditional senior spring break trip in the Dominican Republic this year. The seniors and their families are staying at Barcelo Bavaro Palace in the Dominican Republic. Most students are staying in paradise for about a week or less. Barcelo Bavaro Palace is an all inclusive resort with beautiful beaches and pools and many activities for the seniors to enjoy together.

A fair amount of the senior class is attending this spring break trip and many students are excited about this trip.

“I’m looking forward to relaxing and taking a break from school, being in the sun, swimming and hanging out with a bunch of people in our grade,” Senior Audrey Gratton said.

“I am looking forward to tanning and hanging around the pool/beach and taking pictures,” Senior Hattie Etzel said.

Barcelo Bavaro Palace offers many opportunities for the seniors and their families to enjoy. The resort has four pools, eleven restaurants and different activities like scuba diving, horseback riding etc.

“On the trip, I would love to go scuba diving,” Senior Carlos Mendez Tejada said.

This spring break trip is meant for the seniors to come together and make these last memoires special before they graduate on June 6th.

“I think most of the seniors will come together. We’ve already started to plan some dinners and dress up days. It will be fun to see what happens,” Gratton said.

On the other hand, some students don’t think the seniors will all come together and spend this week together.

“I think that even though we are all going to be in the same place, most people are just going to hang with their friends I feel like and not do things together with everybody,” Mendez said.

Even though a lot of seniors are attending this trip, a majority of students are not going on this trip.

Senior Ellie Wheaton who is going to Florida with her family did not decide to go on the trip.

“I wanted to go on vacation with my family instead and I didn’t want to go to the DR,” Wheaton said.

In the past, the senior trips have typically been in Mexico and not in the Dominican Republic. This decision might have altered people’s decision about going on the trip.

“I don’t know if I would change anything. I think a fun place would be somewhere in Europe but I know that would be expensive,” Senior Jackson Woodburn stated.