Orono Survivor Week 2023 Begins

Joseph Mariani
The 2023 cast of Survivor Week. Who will be the sole survivor?

This week Orono’s annual Survivor Week has begun. From the 4th to the 8th of December, 17 students will compete in daily challenges, compete for immunity, and vote each other off until only one remains. All the money raised goes to the charity Care For Trocones, which is an organization that funds an underprivileged school district in Mexico by providing them with funds and school supplies.

Contestants started very early this morning by painting shirts they will have to wear throughout the week and drawing challenge cards. Every morning they have to draw one of these to see what task they must perform throughout the day, such as always walking backwards, for example. Furthermore, in order to win immunity, contestants must raise money by getting donations or selling baked goods, with each dollar raised earning them one point and the person with the most points winning immunity. Another source of points is challenges, which occur before and after school.

Throughout Survivor Week, footage from challenges and vote-offs. along with other memorable moments, is being released by the @SurvivorWeek snapchat story, which is being actively watched by the student body.

Tonight from 4 to 8 p.m. there will also be a Care For Trocones fundraiser at Chipotle in Wayzata and all are welcome to come and support the cause.

Now, all that remains is one question. Who will outwit, outlast, and outplay in order to become the sole survivor?