Craving Culver’s in Wayzata

Senior Ethan Kosek is a fan of the Butter Burger.

Joey Bacon

Alex Rusciano, Opinions Editor

In 1984, Ruth and George Culver opened the thriving restaurant named Culver’s in Sauk City, Wisconsin. Ruth was known for her hospitality and kindness while George was known for being a great cook.

“Unlike McDonalds, they treat you like family at Culver’s,” senior Ethan Kosek said.

Beginning as a family restaurant, George’s son, Craig, created a love for his mother’s hamburgers and frozen custards. This soon became Culver’s signature: Culver’s Butterburger and their Fresh Frozen Custard.

“They have high quality fast food. Their food is amazing,” senior Dylan Breon said.

31 years later and Culver’s has expanded successfully around the United States. One location closest to Orono is located in Navarre. Students will drive out of there way just to taste the mouth watering food followed by the fresh custard.

“My favorite food is the double cheeseburger value basket with a chocolate shake,” Breon said. Kosek’s favorite meal is also a burger along with cheese curds.

As a successful restaurant, Culver’s should add another location in an active area, like Wayzata. It is a hub of fancy restaurants, fast food chains, clothing stores, and especially people. Sales would not be an issue in a location in this area. The menu contains food that could appeal to almost anyone, from Butterburgers to salads to hearty soups.

Not only would customers eat food, they would be entertained by the face painting artist and balloon artist that comes every other Tuesday. Imagine enjoying getting your face painted while eating delicious chicken tenders. The basic restaurants like Noodles and Company, Chipotle, and Punch Pizza need some new competition, and Culver’s is the perfect candidate.

Culver’s Custard beats McDonald’s ice cream any day. Culver’s won’t stink up a car either. The community needs fresh chicken that doesn’t look like a piece of plastic. Who wouldn’t want some cheese curds in their life anyway? A Wayzata Culver’s wouldn’t let anyone down.

“I would support a Culver’s in any town,” Kosek said.