Spartans Set for State

Alex Rusciano, Opinions Editor

The boys and girls soccer teams successfully made it to the state tournament this year. The girls shut Waconia out 3-0 while the boys crushed Wilmar’s hopes with an overtime goal. Both teams were given the second seed, and the first state games will be played at a mutual location.

The girls will play at Farmington High School on Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. versus Dover Eyota. The boys will play at Chisago Lakes High School on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. versus St. Paul Como Park.

If the girls win on Tuesday, they will play on November 4 at 11 a.m. at St. Cloud State University. The opponent will be either Mahtomedi (#3) or St. Peter. The championship will be on November 5 at 9:30 a.m. at St. Cloud State University.

If the boys win on Wednesday, they will play on November 4 at 5 p.m. at St. Cloud State University versus Hermantown (#3) or Faribault. The championship will be on November 5 at 12 p.m. at St. Cloud State University.

It is important to know that there will be no early dismissal sheets this week, they will only be available for the semifinal and finals. There will be fan buses available. Students must go to the office to get a permission slip, and this must be turned in after first period on Monday. The cost will be $10.

Bus times will be at 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday for the girls game and at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday for the boys game at doors H1. Tickets will cost $5 for students and $7 for adults for the first round.