Local Businesses Looking for Employees

Photo/ Madi Arends

Skylar Pierce, Business Manager

Many high school students in the Orono school district are looking for jobs so they can pay for new responsibilities, fun activities, and of course, food. There are various stores and businesses near the Orono area that are hiring and looking for students to work.

Caribou Coffee, a store that many Orono students are familiar with, is hiring new Team Members. They have locations in Long Lake, Downtown Wayzata, Mound, and Plymouth. To apply for this job, simply go to www.cariboucoffeejobs.com and fill out their online application and attatch your job resume. Working at Caribou is great because they have very practical hours for students. This makes it a lot easier to keep a job while you’re still in high school and have a busy schedule between school, sports, social lives, and work.

Want to work in a place that offers fun, friendships, and an opportunity to break out in spontaneous bouts of laughter?  Another great opportunity for work is at The Big Thrill Factory (BTF). BTF is located in Minnetonka off Highway 7, it’s address is 17585 Highway 7 Minnetonka, MN 55345. They are looking for people that enjoy working with others and like to have fun. The current positions open at this location are: game attendants, party hosts, greeter cashiers, and restaurant staff.  This job really is as fun as it works well along the schedule of teenagers. To apply for this job go to www.bigthrillfactory.com/Careers/Application.

A tremendous way to give back to the community and make money at the same time is by applying for a job at Trails of Orono Senior Living. This is located on Highway 12 on the right side right before you get onto the ramp to get onto 394. If you’re looking for a good part time job, look no further. This is also less than five miles away from the school. The jobs available at this location are customer service, food services in the restaurant, and social services. To apply for this job simply go to http://fairviewebenezer.site.findly.com/job/5773769/server-part-time-days-orono-mn/ and take the first steps to getting a job at this senior living center.

If you are struggling to find a job in the area, have no worries. Not only are these three jobs available and near you, but there are also many more if you just do a little more research on your own. Simply just google, “student jobs near me” and click whichever link seems to suit you best.