It’s a Pretty ‘Chill’ Time for Ice Castles

Visit the Ice Castle in Eden Prairie and get an amazing view like this one.

Icecastles.com

Alex Rusciano, Student Life Editor

The new year is coming around and so is an icy adventure. Brent Christensen is the creator of amazing ice castles that he and his team build by hand. 5,000 icicles are grown and sculpted each day to make into beautiful sculptures.

Christensen got his idea of building castles when he moved with his family from California to Utah. When the winter season came around, Brent built an ice rink. This wasn’t just any old ice rink, though, it had a 20 foot ice slide, an ice cave and an ice tower.

Christensen’s children called this structure the “Ice Castle”. After this, Christensen started Utah based entertainment company that specializes in large scale events handcrafted from ice.

This holiday season, there will be four ice castle locations throughout the United States. They will be in Utah, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Minnesota. On January 9, 2015 an ice castle will be open for business in Eden Prairie. It is located just 28 minutes away from Orono and would be a great winter activity for friends and family.

Online

Tickets for ages twelve and up are $12.95 on Saturday/Sundays and are $9.95 for weekday admissions. Child admissions on Saturday/Sundays will be $8.95. Order your tickets online at the following website: http://icecastles.com.