October 16 Schedule

Photo%2F+Pete+Makarov+
Photo/ Pete Makarov

Tomorrow there will be testing for grades 9-11. During the first four hours, the students will be testing in their designated rooms. Seniors will have the chance to go to seminars to prepare college and life ahead. After 4 hour the schedule will return to a normal  The Schedule goes as followed…

Period:

1-Testing

2- Testing

3- Testing

4- Testing

5 (a)- 11:27-11:51

5(b)- 11:55- 12:19

5(c)-  12:23-12:47

6- 12:51-1:38

7- 1:42-2:30

Senior Seminars:

Hot Jobs – High Growth Careers (Choir Room). What are the fastest growing jobs? Which pay the most? What education do I need? What tools can I find to help me figure out which career tracks are best for me? Come to this seminar to hear the scoop on current job trends and future growth and salary outlooks in many fields.

_____ SENIORS ONLY: Application Workshop: Naviance and Common Application(Business Lab) Use this time to get counselor help on completing applications, essays, etc. Valuable work time where you can get help! You will be on the computers, completing applications and essays. Bring your application materials and get lots done!

SESSION TWO: 9:30-11:10 (choose one or attend study hall in cafeteria)

____ The Fantastic Career Opportunities with Two Year Degree Programs– Hennepin Tech (Choir Room) Two year colleges are a great and cost-effective way to begin your college education. Many programs have clear and exciting career paths into hands-on careers with great job and salary opportunities. Come hear all about what Hennepin Tech and other 2-year schools have to offer.
_____ Preparing for an Interview at a Selective College (Room 113) 
Come learn how best to prepare for a college interview. Many colleges require or recommend interviews for the college admission process… how do you prepare? Come get helpful tips and information that will help you put your best foot forward just in time for MEA college visits!

_____ SENIORS ONLY: Application Workshop: Naviance and Common Application -(Business Lab) Use this time to get counselor help on completing applications, essays, etc. Valuable work time where you can get help! You will be on the computers, completing applications and essays. Bring your application materials and get lots done!

Peter Makarov is the Editor-in-Chief Online for The Spartan Speaks