Two bombs explode at Boston Marathon finish line

Two explosions rocked the finish line of the Boston Marathon at 2:45 on April 15. All the injured were taken to Massachusetts General Hospital. It is currently know that two have died and 22 are injured. This is know to be an intentional bombing. Three more portable explosive devices have been discovered and at least one disabled as of 3:45, CT.  A Red Cross website has been created.

3:54 CT There was a fire at JFK Library shortly after the explosions, but it is now confirmed to be unrelated. The Boston public has been advised to remain inside and avoid congregating in large groups. This is being treated as an ongoing incident.

4:32 CT Hospitals update – two dead, 49 injured, at least six of them in critical condition. The majority of the victims were spectators.

5:15 CT President Obama addressed the nation, promising a deep investigation and will answer with “the full weight of justice.”

5:45 CT Reported injured rises to 78.

7:05 CT Over 130 reported injuries, and one of the two who died was an eight-year-old boy. At least 25 of the injured are in critical condition.

8:12 CT One more person has died following the bombings, bringing the death toll to three.

Maddie Mayhew is the Editor in Chief – Online for The Spartan Speaks.
[email protected]