Spanish Club Locking- In

Orono Lock In Ticket
Orono Lock In Ticket

Next Friday, Feb. 15, here at the Orono High School there will be a lock in hosted by OHS Spanish club. Starting at 7 p.m. and going to 7 a.m., the night will be filled with fun and exciting activities.  

“It happens once every five years,” said Spanish teacher, Sr. Robbie Smalling, “so unless you are going out of town or going to a ‘Project X’-caliber party, you should come the Lock In.”

“I am beyond excited.  This is going to be a fantastic night, and I honestly can’t wait. We have a lock-in committee that has been working hard to organize this awesome night, and we are beyond excited to share our work with the school,”said senior Alie Slagle. “I personally can’t wait to witness the hypnotism, and I am looking forward to see how much we will be able to help NPH out in the process. It is going to be a really fun night.” Slagle said.

Nuestros Pequnos Hermanos (NPH) is the organization that all the proceeds are going to. NPH is an organization that helps orphans in Central and South America and has a office in Minneapolis.
Some events that are going to be there are “hypnotist Al Kaytraz here to give us a thrilling show. We also have E.R.V. Dance Studio coming to perform and give dance lessons. Some additional activities include an extreme pinata challenge, pie throwing, tie-dying, video game tournament, crafts, and much much more. There will also be delicious food from Burrito Loco, D’Vinci’s, and Panera. It is going to make for an incredible night. Posters of the schedule of events will be coming soon!

Things you should know: You DO NOT need to be a part of Spanish Club or know how to speak Spanish to come. Ticket sales end tomorrow. You can find the list of great activities in Sr. Smalling’s room. Get your tickets at lunch or in Sr. Smalling’s room.

“I would absolutely recommend going. You won’t be able to experience this again while you are in high school, so this is not something to miss out on. Plus not only will the night be a blast, but it is also a way to help those in need. Everyone should come.  I can’t even express how much fun it is going to be.” said Slagle.

Get your tickets now and for any questions or comments you can go to Sr. Smalling or Alie Slagle.

Pete Makarov is the Sports Editor for The Spartan Speaks.