Orono Volleyball Sweeps On Senior Night

Jordan Allar

Players give each other congratulatory high fives after beating St. Anthony Village.

Jordan Allar, Sports Editor

Jordan Allar
Sports Editor

Orono varsity volleyball sweeps the court on their last regular season home game against St. Anthony Village. Seniors Josie Peterson, Hadley Juran and Sydney Pieper, juniors Lauren Pietrzak and Mary Peterson, sophomore Melissa Randall and eight grader Izzy Torve started off the game on the court for the Spartans. Orono got the game going pretty quickly. With some long volleys between the teams, the Spartans took the win for the first set with a score of 25-18. Each senior contributed to the win on senior night.

“With the injury that I recently suffered, I wish I could get out there on the court, but I’m happy with this season overall and I can’t wait to see how we finish out,” senior Abby Kahn said.

The Spartans won the second set in a blow out with a score of 25-8. The girls played like no other expecting a dub for the night.

“It’s been a great four years. I’m really sad to be leaving OVB, but it’s been a great time. I’ve learned a lot,” senior Sara Murley said.

And just like that, the Spartans won the third set 25-14, beating St. Anthony Village.

Orono will trek to Hutchinson for their last regular season game on Monday, October 14 before sections.