St. Jude Red Carpet For Hope Teen Gala

At the St. Jude Teen Gala on Jan. 7, students from around the twin cities raised a total of $138,960, which is a record amount for a teen gala.

This was the 4th annual gala held in Minneapolis for students in the area. Each student needed to raise a minimum of $250. The number one top fundraiser at the gala was senior Lizzie Brick with $10,286.

Every single dime of the money raised at this event will go directly to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

The event was held at the Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel – The Depot in downtown Minneapolis, and began around 5 p.m. Dave Ryan from Dave Ryan in the morning show hosted this year’s gala.

Students entered the event with a photo opportunity on the red carpet. Dinner and dessert were later served. Caricatures, henna art, and a digital photo screen were available for entertainment.

There was a dance floor for students hang out with friends and they were able to request songs by texting a phone number for the DJ to play.

In another room, there was a viewing party to watch the 75th annual Golden Globe Awards.

The 2018 St. Jude Teen Gala concluded with the drawings of the prizes that were given away. There are high hopes of raising even more money in the following years.