National Letter of Intent on Nov. 9, 2016

Seniors Tori Andrew, Sam Fischer, Megan Anderson, and Will Brenton pose for a picture before signing their letters

Nov. 9, 2016 was National Letter of Intent signing day where students commit to participating for the National Collegiate Athletic Association in the United States. OHS has always had a competitive high school athletic program and athletes that are passionate about their sports and go above and beyond

Senior Tori Andrew came to Orono freshman year and people were instantly blown away by her athletic ability.  She joined the basketball team and quickly proved herself to being one of the best players that Orono has had in years. In the off season she plays for an invite only team called North Tartan, the best basketball club team in Minnesota. She got her 1000 point during the Orono 2015-2016 season. Andrew signed her basketball letter of intent to Yale, where she will become a major asset to their team.

Senior Megan Anderson has been playing volleyball since Orono began to offer camps in third grade. She was one of few people who made JV as a freshman, and moved up to varsity the following year. Anderson is a setter, meaning that she runs the offense and decides who gets the ball to send over the net. She plays M1 club volleyball, one of the most competitive clubs that there is. Anderson signed to play for The University of Hartford in Connecticut where she will continue her career at a D1 level. 

Senior Will Brenton has been swimming for his whole life and has played a huge role on Orono varsity swim and dive team. He has broken records and spent countless hours in the pool. He will be continuing his career by being coached by one of the best coaches out there, Robert Bowman. Bowman is an Olympic swimming coach, but more well known as Michael Phelps’s coach. He is the Arizona State University coach, who Brenton signed with.

Senior Samantha Fischer picked up a new sport during high school, which was rowing.  Fischer previously played soccer and track and field. She is the definition of an athlete and sports come naturally to her. She learned fast and soon became one of the best rowers on the the varsity team. Fischer has signed with Boston University, where she will continue her rowing career as a Boston Terrier.

Seniors Tori Andrew, Megan Anderson, and Sam Fischer look on as Tori begins to sign her letter
Maddy Schliinz
Senior Sam Fischer says a few words before she signs her letter of intent with Boston University for Rowing
Maddy Schliinz
Senior Tori Andrew says a few words before signing with Yale for basketball
Maddy Schliinz
Senior Megan Anderson says a few words before she signs her letter to Harding University
Maddy Schliinz
Senior Megan Anderson says a few words before she signs her letter to Harding University for volleyball
Senior Will Brenton signs his letter of intent to Arizona State Univeristy
Maddy Schliinz
Senior Tori Andrew signs her letter of Intent to Yale for basketball
Maddy Schliinz
Senior Megan Anderson's mom signs her letter of intent
Maddy Schliinz
Senior Megan Anderson’s mom signs her letter of intent
Seniors Sam Fischer and Megan Anderson sign their letters of intent side-by-side
Maddy Schliinz
Senior Will Brenton takes a photo with his family
Maddy Schliinz
The familes of Megan Anderson and Will Brenton came to support their kids
Tori Andrew's family poses for a picture
Maddy Schliinz
Tori Andrew’s family poses for a picture
Tori Andrew poses with a family member after signing
Seniors Tori Andrew, Sam Fischer, and Will Brenton laugh together during the signing
Maddy Schliinz
Seniors Tori Andrew and Sam Fischer sign their letters of intent
Maddy Schliinz
Maddy Schliinz
Seniors Tori Andrew, Sam Fischer, Megan Anderson and Will Brenton pose for a picture before signing their letters
Senior Will Brenton says a few words before signing with Arizona State University for swim and dive
Maddy Schliinz