Stressful Nights Snagging Z’s

Relaxation techniques help to achieve a good nights sleep.

Online

Relaxation techniques help to achieve a good night’s sleep.

Each year more and more students begin to fall behind do to stress for either classroom situations, or just home situations. Sleep seems to be an issue that keep falling farther away in dreamland.

Students require sleep to be able to function through school and everyday lives. Without that sleep, students lose interest in what matters in their life right now–school. There are techniques that are able to help out with calming students minds to prepare them for a restful nights sleep.

Imagine this scenario, someone has been turned into a cat traveling through an alley way. Within that alley, there are many small holes and turns that that cat must be able to get through. To get through the holes, one must tense up their shoulders to allow for an easy way through. By tensing one’s shoulders, it creates a tense sensation, that once released, one feels more relaxation in their muscles. That relaxation has also helped the stress because the cat state of mind has preoccupied their minds eye away from whatever stressors may exist in their lives.

Another scenario may be a paddling duck. When a duck swims, he must paddle through the water with his feet. In doing so, in creates a more comforting feeling for someone. Simply just rotate feet in circles. Imagine the water becoming either more rough, or just settling down into a calm delta. One way to get more of an effect from this mental exercise is to also rotate ones hands in a synchronized fashioned with the feet.

The one mental relaxation technique that, not only calms the mind but also the body, is extremely effective is a whole body exercise. This consists with starting a tense sensation in one’s toes and working their way up their body. To allow for a total effect, imagine all the stress leaving their fingertips, while whisking them away into the universe.