Students think Beyonce’s album is “***Flawless”

Photo/ Press Release

Photo/ Press Release

Demi George, Opinions Editor

Beyoncé’s self-titled new album is a visual album, meaning that it mostly consists of music videos. Beyoncé made this album to inspire women throughout the world.

In her song “***Flawless”, Beyoncé sings about her confidence of looking good. The lyrics also explain feminism in today’s society. If one needs a little bit of confidence, this is the song to listen to.

“Pretty Hurts” conveys the sense that being a girl hurts and that being a female is challenging. The song is set up like a beauty pageant. It shows the struggles of a woman and how difficult competition toward women can be.

My favorite song in her album is “Drunk in Love” (feat. Jay Z). Jay Z, Beyoncé’s husband, is also in the song and in the music video.  They performed this song at the Grammys also, making it an unforgettable performance.

Along with other main artists featured, “Mine” (feat. Drake) is also one of my favorites. It is about a couple taking things too far and making a big deal about the situation. Drake adds a very unique swing to the song, making their voices sound beautiful together.

Another song that is a must-hear is “Blue” (feat. Blue Ivy). Blue Ivy, the daughter of Beyoncé and Jay Z, is the main focus of the song. At the end of the song, Blue sings “Hold on to me hold on.” This song is heartwarming. The music video is equally adorable.

The album Beyoncé has a song for almost any feeling a girl can have toward life.

Another piece from Beyoncé is “XO,” which is about love and hurrying up before it is too late for love.

The song “Jealous” reflects the title. In the song, Beyoncé sings,  “We are all human, I’m just being jealous.” The lyrics send a message saying that it is okay to be envious.

“Rocket” has a slow beat, making it sound old school and classy.

“Haunted” talks about “what goes up goes around,” and is one of her more down songs.

There are songs about hard times through relationships. “Superpower” (feat. Frank Ocean) is about tough love. The lyrics express how the superpower of the world enabled the relationship to continue.

“Heaven” is a song about how a person’s grace made Heaven unable to wait for the person who died. It’s a sad song, which makes me not like it as much. It was my least favorite of the album.

Beyoncé is a great album. However, listening to the music doesn’t give it as full of an effect. I really recommend watching some of the music videos also. Both men and women would enjoy this album, as it provides inspiration.