Minnesota Twins take a 3-hour delay due to weather conditions

The peanuts, the hot dogs, and of course, the yelling crowd, cheering for that specific team. What does this remind you of? Baseball. America’s first sport.

On May 20, Minnesota Twins played against the Boston Red Sox at the Target Field Center located in Minneapolis. Unfortunately, the twins lost after a horrible loss to the Red Sox the night prior with a 12-5 loss. Boston beat the Twins with a 5-1 victory.

The longest delay even after being struck with down pour rain, left the teams and the fans, speechless and curious as to what was going to happen in the meantime of the storm.

“I wanted to go at least another inning. I was definitely frustrated a little bit not to keep going. But winning the game is all that really matters,” said John Lackey.

However, later after the game, the twins had a planned movie, The Sandlot for all the fans to watch. With this delay, they decided to show the movie during the 3 hour delay.

Cast and crew members were very honored to have had a chance to celebrate the 20th anniversary. During the game before the delay, they would show different clips of the movie to keep the crowd up on their feets even with the weather and score keeping them down.

Everyone either sat in the stands with their plastic covers on or near the concession stands where there is a roof over their heads- either way, the fans -Red Sox and Twins- were watching the movie together.

When the game finally started back up during the bottom of the 7th, there was only two more innings left, and during those innings, the Twins had given up two runs for the Red Sox.

At the end of the game, Minnesota Twins ending up losing 5-1. The next game for the Minnesota Twins is in Atlanta on Monday. And for the Boston Red Sox, they will be in Chicago against the White Sox.

The Target Field Center
The Target Field Center

Target Field and it's fans
Target Field and it’s fans

Ashlei Crandall is the Arts and Entertainment Editor for The Spartan Speaks.