The Spartan Speaks At Your Fingertips

As technology grows and evolves to become more apart of everyday life, The Spartan Speaks has been growing along with it. For us, this means taking steps to become more digital.  As of this time last year, The Spartan Speaks came out with their own mobile app. Since then the mission has been to get the word out about the app while constantly updating it to keep up with an age of technology.

As the school year is now well underway, the student body has been faced with unexpected changes. One of those being the change to our typical beloved Spartan Hour schedule. Daily confusion on whether the day will include Spartan Hour, or be a Tuesday/Thursday schedule affects both students and staff. This is where the Spartan Speaks Newspaper’s updated app comes in.  By downloading the app students can enable push notifications to receive updates on daily schedules along with other important information and reminders.  

The app is free to download and contains all the articles published on the Spartan Speaks website. The app is divided into five section types including news, arts & entertainment, sports, student life, and opinions. All sections are constantly updated with current stories on what’s happening around OHS and on a global scale. The app allows for, and encourages, feedback with the ability to leave comments on articles and write letters to the editors.