OMS Students Sent to High School Gymnasium Due to Threat

Photo%2F+Celia+Miller%0AOMS+students+were+relocated+to+the+High+School+gymnasium+after+the+threat.+

Photo/ Celia Miller OMS students were relocated to the High School gymnasium after the threat.

According to an announcement sent out by the Orono School District, a “note containing a bomb threat was found on the Middle School property”.

After the handwritten note was found, the Orono Police Department arrived to the Middle School in order to eliviate the situation.

For their safety, all Middle School students were sent to the High School gymnasium while this issue is dealt with.

“I feel a lot safer now that we moved to the gymnasium,” eighth grader Celia Miller said.

While students were safely in the gymnasium, Orono Police searched the Middle School building for any signs of a threat.

The district decided to release the OMS students at 11:30 for the rest of the day, and will continue to keep parents, students, and staff updated on the situation.

In addition, Hennepin County’s Sheriff’s Department and the Minnesota Bomb Squad are also investigating the bomb threat.

The OMS students will return to a normal school schedule on Wed. Oct. 8. Email and voicemail messages will be keeping those in the district up to date on the situation which transpired today.