Recap of Winterfest Coronation

The preparations required for coronation involve numerous students to do a particular job.

“Seniors on senate were not super involved in planning the coronation. But it consists of setting it up and taking it down. Also doing the wake-ups” Senior Owen Hirt said.

Senior Will Skoog had an important job in the afternoon as well. He and his band played at the halfway mark of the coronation, according to Will even the crowd played a part in the coronation.

“The crowd singing along to Sweet Caroline makes playing the song so much more fun. I feel a lot more connected to the audience and it also just takes some pressure off” Will Skoog said.

The layout and format of the coronation were similar to past years. Students on the court come out in suits or dresses and they line up on stage and get introduced by their name, their parents’ names, and their favorite memory or something similar to that. Then after Will Skoog’s performance, they showed the wake-up videos, and soon after they announced a Winterfest King and Queen, Cayden Effertz and Evie Kompelien.

For students on the court, the actual day of coronation isn’t the only day they are involved with coronation.

“Prior to coronation we have done some fun videos and we have also read to some elementary classes,” Senior Caden Barnes said.