“Bright Star” to Shine at Orono High School

OHS Drama Department
Read the article below to learn about this year’s OHS Fall Musical: Bright Star.

Starting this Friday, Orono has a new musical that is premiering. It is big, it is bold, and it is powerful. In true pioneering spirit, The Orono Drama Department has taken on a different project, going off the beaten path and encouraging its actors to foster their abilities.

This year, Orono’s fall musical is “Bright Star.”

It is the story of a soldier returning home to the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina after WWII and meeting a literary editor. Together, they form a bond and explore each other’s pasts. While it is a lesser-known musical, “Bright Star” is a vivid and thrilling story that rivals anything previously staged at Orono High School.

“The time has flown by extremely fast and we have been working super hard on the show and I am proud of how this is all turning out. I highly recommend that everyone should go to the show!” senior Noah Feldmann said.

Show times are listed below and teaser performances will be performed throughout the school day tomorrow, the 8th of November.

Show Times:
Friday, November 10th, 7 p.m.
Saturday, November 11th, 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Thursday, November 16th, 7 p.m.
Friday, November 17th, 7 p.m.
Saturday, November 18th, 7 p.m.

View Comments (1)