Mother’s Day Ideas

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mother’s Day Ideas

Mother’s Day is just around the corner, occuring on Sunday, May 12. The day is dedicated to all mothers in the United States, to appreciate and thank them for all they have done. Mother’s Day is not about all the gifts and flowers, but it does help people to show the love for moms.

Need a gift idea? The most popular gifts to give mothers according to Country Living Magazine is the standard flowers, candies and chocolates, candles and store bought cards. They also suggested some original gifts including personalized jewelry, fancy dish towels, a spa day, and a new bag or purse.

Or, they also explained that a hand-made, personalized option is also a common gift. Cards and pictures, or even handcrafted jewelry is a way that children can get involved in honoring their mother.

There are many restaurants around the metro that offer deals for Mother’s Day in the area. To find deals and specials go on the website EatDrinkDeals.com to see restaurants participating in the Mother’s Day celebration.

Fogo de Chao and The Melting Pot are two featured expensive restaurants on the list. Fogo De chao, a meat restaurant is giving all mothers who dine on May 13 a complimentary dining card. The Melting Pot is offering a different special menu and they are also offering the purchase of roses to be on the table upon arrival.

Going out to brunch or dinner is a common tradition, but restaurants can fill up fast on Mother’s Day. Make a reservation in advance.

About the Photographer
Izzy Scharf, News Editor

Hi, this is Izzy! I am the editor of the news section and I am a part of the advertisement team on The Spartans Speaks Newspaper. This is my second year...