Footloose gets viewers up off their seats

Footloose will have you dancing in your seat within the first two minutes. It’s a classic movie reinvented with fresh actors and a modern twist. Footloose is a perfect movie for dance and music lovers, but anyone would enjoy the show that it puts on.

I saw Footloose at the Plymouth theater, which made it an even greater experience. The theater made me feel comfortable and like I was in a setting where I could relax and focus all of my energy into watching the movie.

The music in Footloose is a very good. Songs such as “Footloose” are very familiar to viewers; especially if they saw the original version of Footloose. There is an abundance of country music that goes along with the dancing. I think they did a very good job of portraying emotions with the music they selected.

With Julianne Hough and Kenny Worwald being the main characters it is impossible to find the movie abominable. Hough has an advantage because her career involves much dancing, and her character Ariel is also a lover of dance. Her acting was right on the spot because of her career in dancing. Hough also does a excellent job of portraying intense emotion throughout the film.

Worwald is also an experienced dancer and has incorporated dancing into every aspect of his career. He does a fabulous job of portraying emotion throughout the film. Worwald acts out a scene where he dances off his anger and you can almost feel the adrenaline that is running through his body.

The rating of PG-13 is definitely a good rating for this movie because there are many scenes with sexual references, intense violence and mature emotions. Physical abuse is portrayed through two characters in a certain scene that can send a high stream of intensity and thoughts through ones brain.

Comedy is also incorporated into the movie with scenes of laughter and young kids being silly. The emotions in Footloose are extensive, which could cause an overwhelming feeling that could be distracting from the story. Overwhelming thoughts may lead to one not liking this film.

Overall I would give Footloose an 8 out of 10. It was missing some key factors such as plot points that would have helped the story to be better understood. Also, the ending could have been altered to create a better sense of satisfaction.

Madeline Hill is the Copy Editor of The Spartan Speaks