From Here to Now to You

Singer/songwriter Jack Johnson released his newest album, From Here to Now to You, on Sept. 17. Since the release, the album debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 chart with first week sales of 120,050 copies in the United States, according to Rolling Stone.

“The album and its twelve songs consist of breezy, acoustic rock that finds inspiration in everything from the ordinary to the ephemeral,” according to the iTunes Store.

“This album has much more variation in its songs and it seems like every song is unique,” said senior Luke Haglin. Haglin has been a fan of Jack Johnson and his music since the beginning of Johnson’s musical career.

“I always have a couple of his CD’s in my car or some of his songs on my playlists,” Haglin said. “He has unique talent for writing music and playing it with a one-of kind vibe,” said Haglin.

According to Rolling Stone, the work on this album began on June 28 in the Mango Trees Studio, Hawaii when the single “I Got You” was released.

“He has a very unique sound in both his voice and his ability to play the ukelele and acoustic guitar,” senior Nick Patterson said. “He is a rare musician and this new album is terrific,” said Patterson.

Connor Avery is the Assistant Sports Editor for The Spartan Speaks 

Photo/ Jack Ellis Seniors Nick Patterson and Connor Avery serenade the crowd with their rendition of Jack Johnson’s “Banana Pancakes.”
    Photo/ Jack Ellis
    Seniors Nick Patterson and Connor Avery serenade the crowd with their rendition of Jack Johnson’s “Banana Pancakes.”