Wearing winter denim

Fall is quickly fading away, and everyone is expecting snow any day now.  Denim is one of winter’s staple pieces because it is comfortable, relatively warm, and nice on those days when it doesn’t seem like the snowfall will ever end. The traditional blue denim is, obviously, the most popular, and easiest to coordinate tops with and not something that many designers changed.
    At least not until recently, that is.

Bright colors, and bold prints have become popular over the years, which has made it easier for every personality to not only find their own cut, but now their own style.

Neon skinny jeans were excessively popular this past spring and summer, but it is a little late for that.  Keep things fun and flirty by choosing jeans with a smaller print and a simple top. This same combination would also work with bold colored jeans. If you have a crazy print pair then your goal is to keep the attention only on the jeans, so choose a light colored top or sweater.  Pastel colors are perfect for this trend because it creates a huge contrast between a bright, bold print and the lightness of the spring colors.

This is an easy way to add some color to your day and make winter just a little brighter.  It’s also a trend that you can recycle, meaning you can take the pieces you either already have or buy and use them in the future.  Denim is always something to keep on hand, and no matter how crazy of a print, you will have an opportunity to use your pair again.

Mackenzie Iversen is a Staff Reporter for The Spartan Speaks.