Sweet fall sweaters

As we enter a new season, everyone is hoping to jump into their cozy sweats, but there’s a new comfort trend finding it’s way through to Orono. Statement sweaters have proven their status as the new trend to watch for with large designs and fun cuts. Few fashion designers flaunted large sweaters on the runway this year, but those who did came out with stunning designs. A large and bulky sweater with an eye-catching design is usually the most successful especially when paired with a simple pair of leggings or jeans. Many consider these sweaters to be a simple way to keep up with trends and still stay warm and comfortable.

Many people haven’t noticed this as a trend because of how simple it is, but if you look closely you might just realize that these sweaters are all over! There are so many designs to choose from, and so many brands that offer them. Whether you like a clean pullover or a funky cardigan, just go to your favorite store and keep your mind open to trying new things. It’s our nature to be very close-minded, but after looking around and working on finding articles of clothing that you like it will become so much easier to know what you need.

Since this is a “statement trend” it does require a little ambition, but once you try it and put your own spin on it, you will love it. Spice it up and wear a few large necklaces and bulky bangles, or keep it clean and just toss in a fun pair of boots. Either way this trend is flexible, fun and easy to find. Take some risks over these chilly months, and make the hallways your runway.

Mackenzie Iversen is a Staff Reporter for The Spartan Speaks.