The Official Student News Site of Orono High School

OHS Art Teacher Ms. Head to Assume Role of Associate Principal

OHSs new Associate Principal, Ms. Head
OHS’s new Associate Principal, Ms. Head

OHS art teacher Ms. Head is set to take on the role of Associate Principal beginning July 1st.

Ms. Head, an Orono graduate, has served in numerous capacities at many different schools including as an art teacher at Chatfield Senior High School/ Arvada Middle School, in Littleton, Colorado, and Arvada, Colorado respectively. She served as an individual tutor at Groves Academy in St. Louis Park and has held many different positions in Minneapolis Public Schools and OHS, most recently as a visual arts teacher at Orono.

“While the Associate Principal role is quite different from previous positions I have had at Orono, I am excited to continue to work with both the high school students and staff to contribute to the continued success of OHS and fulfill its mission of excellence in education” Ms. Head said.

The process of choosing a new Associate Principal involved questioning by two distinct panels made up of school administrators, teachers, and other faculty.

“Mrs. Head was chosen for many reasons! She is excellent at creating strong relationships with students and staff. She is a strong instructional leader, and has been on our Instructional Leadership Team, a PLC lead, and a peer evaluator. She is dedicated and student centered” said Principal Dr. Steiner.

There were a multitude of candidates that applied to be Associate Principal, both from within the Orono community and outside of it, but Ms. Head ultimately prevailed.

“Ms. Head is going to be an excellent Associate Principal. She is wicked smart, has a really high EQ [emotional intelligence rating] and can relate to students and staff very naturally. She is so passionate about finding ways to make ALL students successful and included at Orono High School, this will serve her well as [Associate Principal]. She is also a creative problem solver and a positive teammate” outgoing Associate Principal Mr. Aman said. To read more about Mr. Aman’s stepping down, click here.

Ms. Head has been happily married for 22 years and has two children with her husband. She has many interests including music, being outdoors, and, of course, the arts.

View Comments (1)