Stores restock their scents for winter

Pine cones are a fun holiday decoration that also bring the crisp smell of evergreens into the home.

As fall comes to an end, the aroma’s of apple cider, pumpkin, and crisp leaves disappear as well. With winter here the fresh, crisp, fall fragrances are replaced with jolly winter aromas. There are numbers of holly jolly scents that are being displayed in stores this year. As peppermint, sugar cookie and cinnamon fill stores again, new flavors follow right behind.

Bath and Body Works has issued their new line of holiday scents for the 2011 season. For cookie lovers the new scents include; chocolate chunk cookie, sprinkle cookie, and gingerbread. For candy lovers, scents to enjoy are: ribbon candy, winter candy lover, vanilla bean noel, pink sugar plum, candied sugar plum, and holiday gum drop. Mint lovers will enjoy: peppermint, mint chocolate, twisted peppermint, and dark chocolate mint. The variety of scents will appeal to many people’s tastes.

Scents around the kitchen are also becoming more popular this winter season.Several of these homey aromas include; marshmallow, evergreen, hot cocoa, pine cone, and cinnamon & clove buds.

With the coming of the holidays the memories of a favorite winter getaway can come back to life in your own home. The fragrances include, winter night, winter cabin, and holly wreath are the newest for the holidays this year.

To join the jolly carolers, new scents include; winter wonderland, deck the halls, and ‘tis the season are a few of the catchy new aromas this year you can tag along with your favorite holiday songs. More traditional holiday lovers also have their own unique scents included by, merry mistletoe, winter, mistletoe kiss, and Santa’s favorite saying “ho, ho, ho.”

Every style is unique and with the holidays approaching faster than ever, these new scents leave no holiday style can go unaccompanied this year.

Madi Arends is a Staff Reporter for The Spartan Speaks

Pine cones make houses feel as if the outdoor evergreens are right inside.