OMS students and teachers enjoy iPads

If you haven’t heard yet, Apple has made its way to Orono Middle School. Apple iPods and iPads are now in the middle school building being used for many activities such as research, tests and other mentally enhancing apps. Due to the support and donations of the Orono Education Alliance and the help of the middle school tech committee, OMS was able to purchase a cart of 30-plus iPads.

“They make learning a little more fun,” stated OMS vice principal, Kimberly Harder. Many schools are moving in the technology direction. Several schools in Minnesota have brought in iPads or other types of technology into their schools.

Benilde St. Margaret’s students have their own laptops that they keep their notes, homework and other essential needs in. iPads have moved through many schools throughout the world. Orono has now adopted the new, exciting technology and has brought it to the schools.

Several eighth grade students said they were excited about having iPads and one stated, “it’s fun!” Many teachers think that the iPads “help and enhance” the students learning.

All intervied said that “there are more pros than cons,” with the iPad’s at OMS.

All in all everyone said that they were in support of the technology movement including the teachers, parents and students alike.

Peter Makarov is a Staff Reporter for The Spartan Speaks