Jeremy Skalla and Lila Paul

Emmett Halloran

Jeremy Skalla and Lila Paul

Lila Paul and Jeremy Skalla

Jeremy Skalla

• Grade: Senior
  • Parents Names: Cammy Skalla
  • Most Embarrassing Moment: Throwing up on the stairs in 8th grade. That was a low point for me.
  • Proudest Moment: Qualifying for nationals on the last possible night with Orono Quiz Bowl (Shoutout to Ben and Tate)
  • Sports and activities they are involved in at OHS and in the community: I play soccer, even though I’ve been injured every season, I do nordic skiing since last year (which is better than alpine), and I am a co-captain for quiz bowl
  • One of your favorite Orono memories–from elementary, middle, or high school: I would say qualifying for nationals, but I already mentioned that. I might say charging the field with Billy Lynch after Sam Bazil scored a winning goal in overtime. He got a yellow card and I didn’t. I’m honestly still salty I didn’t get one even though I’m only the manager.
  • If you were stranded on a desert island and could only bring one object or person, what/whom would it be?: Reverse Osmosis Machine so I wouldn’t die of dehydration
  • If you were a box of cereal, which cereal would you be?: Cinnamon Toast Crunch because it’s the GOAT
  • What is your favorite part of Homecoming and why?: Honestly, I’ve never been to a single dance, and I hate watching football, so really, none of it.

Lila Paul

• Grade: Senior
  • Parents Names: Julie and Chris
  • What is your proudest moment?: Winning 1st place with my group (Lilly Peterson, Olivia Chumbler, and Bekah Lyrek) at the state DECA conference for our “Marketing Plan” event.
  • What is your most embarrassing moment?: This is an easy one. A couple weeks into my junior year I was walking out of the cafeteria with my friends at the end of B lunch and I slipped on an ice cream cone and landed on my face.
  • What sports and activities are you involved in here at OHS and in the community?: I’m a member of National Honor Society, regularly volunteer at my local food shelf, am an active member of my church’s Youth Leadership Team, and have worked as a sales associate at Creative Kidstuff for over a year now.
  • Tell us about one of your favorite Orono memories–from elementary, middle, or high school: The Senior breakfast on the last day of my Junior year. It was so much fun seeing all of my peers having a good time and anticipating summer vacation. All of the girls wore our matching “good v18es” shirts, we played good music, and even got to miss 1st hour (and then some)- for sure one of my favorite High School memories.
  • If you were stranded on a desert island and could only bring one object or person, what/whom would it be and why?: I would bring my brother, Trevor! He loves camping and outdoor activities so I think he would be a good person to have by my side. He is also very calm in stressful situations, which would hopefully help to balance out my not-so-calmness.
  • If you were a box of cereal, which cereal would you be and why?: I would be Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I don’t know why, it’s just really good.
  • What is your favorite part of Homecoming and why?: My favorite part of Homecoming are the dress up days! It is so fun to be able to take a break from picking out real outfits in the mornings. Nothing’s better than rolling out of your bed and just going straight to school for Pajama Day.

The Spartan Speaks • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in