Dr.+Runck

Maddy Schliinz

Dr. Runck

Dr. Runck

Jennifer Runck went to St. Olaf College and got her Bachelor’s in music. She then went to the University of Minnesota where she got her Doctorate and Master’s. She has been teaching music for two years, and previously taught at Odyssey Academy in Brooklyn Center and Echo charter school. These previous schools she taught at were smaller than Orono and one was in the inner city of Minneapolis. Runck said Orono has been harder to adjust to because of its size.

Runck said she is excited to be working here and her“goal has always been to be a teacher and end up at a school like Orono, which has a great music program.” Her experience so far has been positive, she said.

“It has been a really fun time so far, I really like working with the students who come up with a high goal and work towards achieving them,” Runck said.

Music is only one of the many things that Runck is passionate about. She also loves art, paintings, Indian food, and basketball.

One thing that she is looking forward too this year is spring break. Band goes on a trip together every other year, and every four years they go somewhere international. This year just happens to be the year they travel to Spain, so Runck is looking forward to that.

The Spartan Speaks • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in