Fantasy Football is in Full Swing at Orono High School

As a new school year comes and goes, the popular and addicting Fantasy Football game begins as well.

At Orono High School this means that students and teachers are constantly checking their team, trying to make it better.  Either by adding a player through free agency, or negotiating a trade, the goal remains to get the best possible team.

This season has been really strange so far.  The top three available players coming into the season were all running backs.  According to Matthew Berry of ESPN, the top rated players in order were Adrian Peterson of the Minnesota Vikings, LeSean McCoy who plays for the Philadelphia Eagles, and finally Jamaal Charles of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Throughout the first four weeks of the season these players have not rewarded people who picked them.  Because of suspensions to Peterson, injuries to Charles, and McCoy playing poorly, they have not helped teams.  They have only made owners who invested top picks in them upset.

“Adrian Peterson has made me really upset.  I didn’t have depth at running back, but now with him getting suspended I have no one,”  Senior Nick Wiens said.

Instead, players like running back DeMarco Murray who plays for the Dallas Cowboys and LeVeon Bell for the Pittsburgh Steelers have been lighting it up.  They are rewarding owners who drafted them after the “first wave” of running backs were picked.

“I’m very happy with the team I have.  Picking DeMarco Murray has really made my team good and I take credit in picking him when everyone else disagreed with it,” Senior Patrick Johnson said.