November Clubs Feature: Publications

Montage: Montage, meets two to three times a month in Mr. Lundquist’s room. The publication accepts submissions of art, poetry, photography and writing, which are compiled into a book, and sold at the end of the year. Aside from editing and publishing these works, Montage also hosts Spartan Hour events, such as the teacher competition, to raise awareness for their club and product. “It should be illegal how much fun it is,” said senior Poetry Editor, Daniel Thomson.

Newspaper: All OHS students are welcome to contribute and join The Spartan Speaks newspaper staff.  The print newspaper is published eight times a year, and the website spartanspeaks.com is frequently updated with additional stories, photos, and videos. Both the paper and website are managed by Editors-in-Chief Madeleine Mayhew and Taylor Peterson and Mrs. Herring’s Journalism II class. J2, as it is affectionately known, is a small class of juniors and seniors responsible for coordinating and editing the work of the more than 40 newspaper staff members who write, take photos, edit, and lay out the paper and website.

Yearbook: Yearbook is a both a club and a semester-long class, requiring an application for admission, that is advised by Mrs. Cole and run by Editor-in-Chief Samantha Hartmann and Assistant Editor-in-Chief Andrea Conover. The staff works during their first-hour class period to produce the Spartan Annual, and after the semester is over, many staff members spend time in the publications lab during Spartan Hours and study halls to continue the process.
    Andrea Conover is the News Editor for The Spartan Speaks.
    httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me2l0whmeSQ&feature=plcp