Fast Fashion

January 22, 2019

Emelia Lowe

Opinions Editor

Fast Fashion

Fashion is an industry that never slows down, trends come and go but are always evolving. People are trying to keep up with the latest trends they see on Instagram, but most cannot afford the expensive pieces their favorite fashion bloggers are buying.

Therefore, the popularity of fast fashion is unmatched. Fast fashion is the quick and cheap production of trendy clothing. Websites like Boohoo and Fashion Nova receive tons of website traffic due to their cheap versions of expensive clothing. Fashion Nova’s founder Richard Saghian reports that Fashion Nova is one of the most searched fashion brands of 2018.

Saghian even refers to his company as “instagram fashion”. Fashion Nova currently holds 14.5 million instagram followers, with a team of 30,000 instagram influencers to rely on for marketing.

More mainstream, in store fast fashion brands are ones of H & M, and Forever 21. These have been around for more than twenty years and reach a more broad span of people. The appeal of these stores is the trendy designs and cheap cost, like Fashion Nova and Boohoo.

With cheap prices comes with cheap production. Most of these fast fashion factories are located in developing countries because they can be played very little, and there are not many restrictions on safety.