Orono’s 67th Homecoming

Ellie Fasbender
Online Editor in Chief

This year marked Orono’s 67th homecoming week. Friday was the most anticipated day throughout the Orono district, all schools gathered on Old Crystal Bay road to watch the annual parade. As fire trucks, police cars, the Orono pep band, the 2018 homecoming court, and all of Orono High School’s clubs and sports teams paraded down the street, parents and students cheered them on and smiled as they made their way down the street.

Once the parade ended all schools gathered at Pesonen Stadium to watch the festivities continue. Various students, 3rd through 8th grade were chosen to represent their grade and participate in a water balloon activity, getting paired with member of the homecoming court, to get all of the schools involved.. Next, the captains of each of the fall sports teams gave a mini speech and a brief update on how their season had been going.

After the other activities of the pep fest, it came time for the annual homecoming week favorite, the court dance. As the dance team and homecoming court members took their places, the music began. Laughter filled the stadium as they witnessed the football players and homecoming court attempt to follow choreography.

Orono’s 67th homecoming was a major success, we would like to give a special thanks to Mr. Lundquist and Mrs. Nohner, along with the entire Orono senate for planning the event and making the fun possible for all.

The Spartan Speaks • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in